22nd October 2020
Surrey’s Lord-Lieutenant’s Award Ceremony 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the South East Reserve Forces’ and Cadets’ Association (SERFCA) hosted the prestigious Lord-Lieutenant Award Ceremony virtually via Zoom.
Prior to the formal ceremony taking place, views were reminded of where their local Reserve and Cadet units were located (for the County of Surrey; some 270 reservists, 2,400 cadets and 470 Cadet Force Adult Volunteers). SERFCA would like to congratulate the following individuals who have been awarded the Meritorious Service Award:
- Corporal Thomas Green – 579 Field Squadron, 101 (city of London) Engineer Regiment (EOD & Search)
- Captain Willie McKean PWRR – A Company, 4th Battalion Princess of Wales’s Royal Regiment
- Mr John Mountford – Battalion Headquarters, 4th battalion Princess of Wales’s Royal Regiment
- Mr Jeremy Flaherty – Woking Unit, Sea cadet Corps
- Flying Officer James Parker RAFAC – Surrey Wing, Air Training Corps
Each year the CGI award an CGI Best Reservist Award, this year the award went to Lance Corporal Robert Bibbings – A Company, 4th Battalion Princess of Wales’s Royal Regiment
Following this, and an update on the Cadet Movement, the Lord-Lieutenant’s Cadets were appointed:
- Leading Cadet Lucas Broomfield – Camberley Unit Sea Cadet Corps
- Cadet Staff Sergeant Arthur O’Hanlon – Dorking Detachment, Surrey (PWRR Bn) Army Cadet Force
- Cadet Warrant Officer Jessica Denington – 323 (Epsom & Ewell) Squadron, Air Training .
(The Lord-lieutenant has also reappointed Nia Geraint as his cadet from St John’s Ambulance).
The evening was brought to a close with a update from local military commander, Colonel John Baynham, Deputy Commander 11 Infantry Brigade and HQ South East, and a closing address from Her Majesty’s lord-Lieutenant of Surrey, Mr Michael More-Molyneux.
Related News Stories
White Ribbon Day
I have been running refuges for women and children fleeing domestic abuse for the last fourteen years. At I Choose […]View More
Warm Welcome Spaces are open to all residents this winter free of charge and are a place to pop in to stay warm, get a hot drink, receive energy advice and much more.
Last year, Surrey County Council, district, borough and Town and Parish councils worked together with Surrey’s faith and community groups […]View More
Lord-Lieutenant’s Cadet -(CCF) Cadet Sergeant Electra Mykoniatis – Reigate Grammar School Combined Cadet Force
Becoming a Lord- Lieutenant’s Cadet is not something I expected to happen, and my route in becoming one is not […]View More